Monday, February 18, 2013

Dany Laj and The Looks - Telepathic Voices


If you like your power pop with an edge, then check out Dany Laj and The Looks.  Hailing from Totonto, Canada, Dany Laj and The Looks deliver a rather tasty slice of power pop here and I am not sure if it is Dany's looks (I watched the Chamberlain Sessions video before listening to the tracks on bandcamp) but I immediately thought of Elvis Costello when I saw him and listening to the mans music, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fair amount of Mister Costellos music in his collection. 


The tracks here remind me of a mix of early Elvis Costello and The Replacements and let's face it, they are two excellent reference points, but this isn't saying that this is all you get, it isn't, these tracks are pleasently raw, energetic, bouncy and seem to have a little punk ethos about them, I like that.  In fact there is nothing here not to like, but, as always, take a listen to the tunes and judge for yourself, me, I am going to spend the rest of today playing this EP and the band previous EP "The Match."  Enjoy.



Dany Laj
Jeanette Dowling
Vassil Mester

Dany Laj flies the flag for Power Pop in Canada. Bursting out of woods with the hooks and harmonies of Power Pop's mid 1970's heyday. This ain't no skinny jeans new wave revival band. This is pure pop.





Stream and download the EP's here: Bandcamp

Contact, befriend, follow, like and love Dany Laj and The Look here: Facebook

Visit the official website here: http://www.solventmagazine.com/danylaj/

No comments:

Post a Comment