Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Ace - Next Time Around


A couple of weeks ago, I received a really nice e-mail asking me if I would like to check out a Beat/Garage/Bubblegum band with a bit of psyche from a band called "The Ace."  I listened to the couple of tracks they had sent with the mail and was blown away.  The band had very kindly offered to send me  a CD if I was interested, I literally bit their hand off with their kind offer (if that is possible in an e-mail?) and eagerly awaited delivery.
The album, "Next Time Around" arrived yesterday with an additional 3 track EP and has barely been off the stereo since.
This 3 piece from Leeds truly evoke the sound and energy of the beat bands of the American west coast, every song here is driven forward with real style and panache.
If, like me, you are a keen collector of the Rubbles, Pebbles and Texas Flasbacks collections, then "The Ace" are a band that you will enjoy immensely.





This album is an absolute listening pleasure from start to finish, anyone who is passionate about the Freakbeat/Beat/Garage genres, will find hours, days, months, years of delight in this album, ace by name ace by nature!

Contact, befriend, follow, like and love here: Facebook

The album and EP are available directly from the band.

Alternatively, for the album or AOB contact: jonnymagus23@btinternet.com

2 comments: