Friday, December 30, 2011

SUPERDRAG - REGRETFULLY YOURS

In the glut of grungy power pop bands that flooded the mid-'90s, it was pretty easy to write off Superdrag as "just another rock band." The difference is that Superdrag is essentially a pop band, as Regretfully Yours proves. While the band's sound itself is nothing terribly exciting, most of the songwriting lives up to the promise of the album's saccharine-rush single, "Sucked Out" -- full of hooks and tightly constructed. This is somewhat surprising, considering the album was the band's first for a major audience, and the norm of the time period was for producers and labels to reduce every rock band to a Seattle clone. Regretfully Yours will certainly satisfy the pop/rock and pop-punk crowds.


Get it: HERE

2 comments:

  1. I love Superdrag, though "Headtrip in Every Key" is my favorite album of theirs. I was lucky enough to see them live in Atlanta around 2000. Great band! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, unfortunately, I never got to see them, wrong side of the pond I guess?! Just had a look at your site, some great stuff on there, I have added to to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete